Assessment and testing - factory services
- Performed at our purpose built service centres in Auckland and Perth
- Undertake assessment to assess the integrity of
- Transformer tank strength and protective coatings
- Internal winding insulation
- Condition of tapswitches, bushings, oil dielectric strength and moisture content, cooling radiators, transformer core, internal earthing, pressure relief valves, thermometers, winding temperature indicators, metering CTs, protective fuses and other internal components, terminal connections to protective monitoring systems
- Investigation into transformer failures to assist in root cause analysis
- Perform tests to AS60076, comprising
- Ratio of all taps.
- Vector Group verification.
- Insulation Resistance Measurements
- Separate Source Voltage Withstand Test
- Double Induced Overvoltage Withstand Test.
- No Load Loss Measurement.
- Load Loss and Impedance Measurements.
- DC Winding Resistance Measurements.
- Partial discharge testing (AKL only)
- Dielectric loss angle (Tan Delta)
- Dissolved gas analysis and moisture level of oil
- Sweep frequency response analysis
Assessment and testing - field services
- Our specialist team can undertake assessment and testing services on site, Australasia wide – Australia, Pacific and New Zealand or further afield if required.
- Portable test kits to perform tests to AS60076, comprising
- winding resistance
- transformer ratio
- insulation resistance
- sweep frequency response analysis
- dielectric loss angle (tan delta)
- dissolved gas analysis testing
Oil, Analysis and Diagnostics
- Oil condition, moisture content and dissolved gas analysis testing
- Oil change
- Oil filtration to remove impurities, hydrocarbon gasses and moisture – can be completed on site or in house
- Retro-filling transformers with alternate and / or environmentally friendly fluid
- Scrap oil disposal
Upgrade, repair and refurbishment
- Performed at our Auckland and Perth Service Centres, with minor works performed at our Melbourne site
- Full scale refurbishment
- Leak repairs
- Fabrication repair and retrofit works on transformer tanks
- Repainting tanks to specified protective coating system
- Drying and removing moisture from solid insulation
- Replacement of damaged parts, including bushings, tap-switch handle, pressure release valve, oil gauge, thermometer, oil drain valve, enclosure panel etc
- Upgrade or replacement of switchgear fittings
- Upgrade or replacement of protection devices
- Transformer oil supply
Transformer disposal services
- Reuse of components, including stocking a range of obsolete parts no longer available or produced
- Recycling / scraping of metal parts
- Removal and recycling of oil using sustainable practices